This weekend was fabulous, for a number of reasons. Friday morning Trey called me at work and told me to pack my bags during lunch and be ready to leave right after work...we were leaving town. perfect. Work has been...ummm...work, so a relaxing weekend is just what we needed. We came home from work, loaded our bags and Sophie, and headed to Oxford, "Land-o-Hell". We were not really in Oxford, but at Camp Lake Stephens where our dear friend, Russell, works. It was just what we needed - relaxing woods, lake, good food, and fabulous conversation with an old friend.
Sat. morning we got up and went to Bottletree Bakery off the sqaure. For the record: I hate Ole Miss. It is a burning hatred deep inside of me that I just can not explain. Nothing you can say or do will change this loathing feeling. Having said that, Oxford does have some charm. This bakery is one of them. After that we headed to Square Books and Off Square Books where we all bought something we did not need. By this time, I had been in Ole Miss land for far too long - it was time to head back to camp.
Once we got back to Russell's house and cleansed ourselves of Rebel aroma, we decided kayaking on the lake sounded like the pefect afternoon. Not wanting to leave Sophie out of the fun, we loaded her up on the golf cart and the 4 of us headed to the lake for a little relaxation. Sophie has never been swimming, mind you, so I decided it would be best for her to sit in my lap while I kayaked. Sophie and I were the first in the lake. She was enjoying the sun hitting her face and the breeze going through her hair. Any nerves that I had about putting the pup on the kayak were erased: we were all having a good time.
Trey gets in his kayak, only to tip over completely and make a huge spash in the water. Russell and I laughed at him and continued on our way. Sophie, however, did not find this amusing. The thought of her daddy in what appeared to be danger, upset her. She FLEW into the lake (litterally, 4 limbs spread eagle to the water) and swam across the lake to her daddy. I screamed in fear; I did not know if she could swim. Once she made it to her daddy and made sure he was, afterall, alive and well, she decided to swim again. It was hilarious.
I am now thinking that Sophie, the designer Matli-poo should be classified under the sporting dogs. I only wish I had a camera to capture the heronie acts of Sophie. She slept for 15 hours straight after this. It's a tough job being a heroine dog.
Being in Oxford when Ole Miss loses + MSU winning + being with Russell = A perfect weekend.
GO DAWGS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Moose HATES water, and he is even scared of sprinklers so he would be of NO help in a kayak-type situation. Be glad Sophie is a little wonderdog!
The ONLY thing I liked about this blog was the Sophie part.
:)
Trace~
Sophie is a hero! I think that is so funny!
I wonder if Wilson would save me...he would save John for sure...because John is his favorite!
Maybe you should venture to Oxford when it is not game day! And it's about time MSU won! I guess we're even with both teams having a 1-1 record....but at least we don't have the season opener the dawgs did!
Your life sounds fun! Do you go kayaking often? Miss you
The bottletree is so yummy! I am so glad Sophie was able to rescue her Daddy!
i laugh when i get a mental picture of sophie jumping into the water.
max would never do such a thing...well, maybe he would if i got him some floaties.
i hate ole miss more than you.
Let's make it, being in Oxford or anywhere when Ole Miss loses, the Dawgs win, and Tommy Tubberville loses -- that is a perfect weekend of football.
Post a Comment