
1) While reading Amanda's sob story about her dreaded beauty salon expereince, I was reminded of my own horific eybrows.
Since the 8th grade I have been a loyal eybrow-waxer. I notice other people's brows, so I am convinced that others judge mine. Now, I do not just go to any eyebrow waxer. Her name is Pam and she is a miracle worker. I feel little pain as she rips my hair out using burning hot wax, she massages my eyebrows and eye lids with peppermint lotion after the waxing, and I leave the salon feeling (and looking, I should add) like a brand new person.
well, that was in starkville.
I have been waxed once since we have been married. ONCE.
Since the 8th grade I have been a loyal eybrow-waxer. I notice other people's brows, so I am convinced that others judge mine. Now, I do not just go to any eyebrow waxer. Her name is Pam and she is a miracle worker. I feel little pain as she rips my hair out using burning hot wax, she massages my eyebrows and eye lids with peppermint lotion after the waxing, and I leave the salon feeling (and looking, I should add) like a brand new person.
well, that was in starkville.
I have been waxed once since we have been married. ONCE.
Turn away, I am hideous.
I have called Pam in a panic on occasion, "Are you going to be in Starkville this weekend? I will be there at 8 tonight...i will come to your house if needed. I have a uni-brow."
It has become quiet the nightmare.
I have called Pam in a panic on occasion, "Are you going to be in Starkville this weekend? I will be there at 8 tonight...i will come to your house if needed. I have a uni-brow."
It has become quiet the nightmare.
Trey does not understand this.
2) Yesterday Sophie had surgery. (she is still there, bless her heart). When I took her to the vet they asked if I would like to upgrade to the Laser Surgery. Less pain, less chance of infection, smaller insinsion. it was a no brainer. of course. I thought it was only natural to do this. Thanks, Trey, for supporting this executive decision. (seriously, he thought this was ok)
I told the vet to call me when she is out of surgery. I left him my cell number, Trey's, and my work number. I needed to know that it all went well. Well, at 6:00 last night, I had heard nothing. Thank goodness for the puppy passport...I quickly looked up his number and gave him a call. She was in the ICU incubator, but doing well. I thanked the man and hung up, only to call back to ask if it was ok for me to go sit by her.
2) Yesterday Sophie had surgery. (she is still there, bless her heart). When I took her to the vet they asked if I would like to upgrade to the Laser Surgery. Less pain, less chance of infection, smaller insinsion. it was a no brainer. of course. I thought it was only natural to do this. Thanks, Trey, for supporting this executive decision. (seriously, he thought this was ok)
I told the vet to call me when she is out of surgery. I left him my cell number, Trey's, and my work number. I needed to know that it all went well. Well, at 6:00 last night, I had heard nothing. Thank goodness for the puppy passport...I quickly looked up his number and gave him a call. She was in the ICU incubator, but doing well. I thanked the man and hung up, only to call back to ask if it was ok for me to go sit by her.
Trey said no.
Trey does not understand this.
Thanks for listening.
3 comments:
I love the pic of the unibrow, and I am glad we can waddle in self pity with each other over the lack of proper beauty businesses in our respective cities.
I hope Sophie comes home soon. There is nothing more pitiful than a sick dog (well, I guess a sick baby could trump that).
Miss you!
"sophie, i hope you feel better soon. i miss you and want to play. mommy says i have to have surgery next week too so we can play and they won't have to worry about anything. what does that mean?
ruff ruff"
luv,
max
i thought my dogs were spoiled! you crack me up! minnie had surgery for the second time last thursday. she had to have a tear duct removed and she was getting fixed. she seems to not notice a difference since she has come home. and really, sophie was in icu? i didn't know they had such a thing...minnie stayed overnight and i wanted to sit by her too. guys just don't get it.
Post a Comment