March 30, 2007

Razr, krazr...what's it all about?

Today at approximately 11:30, I recieved a phone call from my cousin, Monica. She was in Hattiesburg and wanted to meet for lunch. Oh fun! I love surprises, and while this trip to the burg was made because of a shopping need that she encountered, not to surprise me, it did non-the-less.

So I met Monica and my Aunt Judy at Newks for lunch. Newks favorite salad. Always a good choice. The craisins are a fabulous addition to the traditional salad.


Anyway, while sitting in the booth, I pulled out my phone to check the time.


That is when it happened.


My phone was the subject of deep ridicule. The site of the antenna being pulled from the large, retangular shaped cellular device was enough to have my cousin and aunt in laughter.


Yes, I undoubtly own one of the first ever Nokias.


You must know that this was not my decision. Again, since Trey knows not the password to this blog, I will tell only my side of the story:


After Trey and I were married, we decided it was time for me to be a big girl and get off my parent's cell phone bill (You are welcome, Mommy and Daddy)

So off to Cellular South on Hardy Street do we go. Now, DID need a new phone all together, so I recycled the old one and marched on in to purchase my "new and improved" phone, via the "family plan".


Apparently Trey was not so much thinking "new and improved"


He did all the paper work and added my name to his phone bill while I scoped out all the cool new phones.


"Wow. Red my favorite color! I can get one with music, video, camera and WEB!"


huh. wishful thinking.


I must explain myself here: I do know deep down that it does not matter what a phone looks like or all the features one may posess, as long as it works it shouldn't matter if it is considered "cool" or not.


But on the surface: I want a cool phone.


Back to the story:


So we get to the counter, me with my new cool phone in hand, Trey with the "free phone with contract" in his.


The cellular south lady asked which one we wanted. I said "the cool phone" and she went to get me the coolest they had in a box. When she returns, Trey responded : "It's ok, we are not 'cool phone people'. we will take the free one. "


What???? I AM A COOL PHONE PERSON.
at least I was before the wedding.
Now, not so much.
Point is: THANKYOU monica, for bringing up my very un-cool phone

3 comments:

mary straton said...

you should really consider letting me proofread your posts before you publish them.

i want the red razr phone, too. However, I cannot get one because Kell got an ipod last month. sure.

Adelia said...

I get made fun of all the time too because my phone is like from 1999! I'll be sure to make a note to not pull it out in front of Monica.

Anonymous said...

You deserve the cool phone. You're a business woman now, and you need to make a good impression. LJLL