March 6, 2007

Man, I feel like a woman.

Poor Sophie.
On Sunday, I told Sophie that she would be having surgery soon. She seemed upset. I explained that just because she is getting "fixed" does not mean that she is any less of a girl.

To prove it, I took her to the puppy spa for a day. She needed to relax and get pampered.
I took her in at noon and picked her up at 5:00 yesterday. She got a massage, bath, finger nails trimed, fluffed hair and a pretty bow. myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsShe really felt great after the day at the spa....little did she know that today would be the day of her dreaded surgery.

I took her to the vet this morning at 11. She has to stay over night. When I was told this, I handed the vet my baby girl and quickly tried to cover my tears. No really... i felt like crying.
I called my mom to tell her the news that Sophie would have to stay overnight. She understood.
Thanks mom.
(Sophie didn't like the bow. Look how fluffy!)


Anyway, Sophie is in surgery as I type. They are calling me when she gets out to give me an update. I left her "Puppy Passport" with the vets.
Let me explain:
Sophie has a puppy passport. It has all of her information in it, including the dates and times of her shots, her weight at each apointment, emergency numbers, our numbers, etc...

I thought all dog owners had a puppy passport. Apparently not.







The first time we took her to the vet, the nurse laughed in my face when I simply said "Here is her passport. Could you please sign and date next to today's shot?"

I think it is brilliant.
Sophie also takes perscription vitamins daily.


















5 comments:

Unknown said...

So many things are running through my head, but b/c of the Bed, Bath, n Bonz incident, I will keep them to myself. Don't let Bandit know Sophie has a pet passport. He got his shots from PetVax...the cheapest place in Memphis (you know, where people take pit bulls for check-ups). Bandit says he hopes Sophie feels better soon!

LT (and Max) said...

heather are you rich?
i wish i could afford to take MY dog to a spa.
and, it's a good thing amanda didn't talk negatively about the spa....shall we look back at one of her previous posts about where she took HER dog?? :)

Tricia said...

The vet is supposed to keep up with her shots.
-Daughter of Vet

Forrest and Elizabeth Williams said...

Well Heather...I would do the same thing if I could get a Puppy Passport...where did you get it? You are just being a great mama...and I don't blame you. Those of us that don't have kids yet are supposed to get good practice with our pets (i know i know--parents out there) it's not even close to the same thing...but you know what I mean. Anyway...Bella hopes Sophie feels better soon. I remember a couple of weeks ago I dropped Bella off at the vet for 5 day stay...didn't cry but almost. They are just so innocent and have no idea what they are getting into. I even packed her a 'diaper bag' of things (ha) They understood! You're a good mama! ejw

Crystal and Billy said...

Hey Heather - Not sure if you remember me, but I found you thru Amanda's blog. Anyway, I have a year old Yorkie and I am the same way with her. She goes to the spa on occasion and I had to send Billy to take her to the vet when she had her surgery b/c I was already upset and crying. Just thought I would share that you are not alone...