September 15, 2010

another reason my mom is a rock star...

she never complained about being sick when we were little. I am sure there were days where she just didn't feel good when we were growing up, but I don't remember her saying so.

Well, I am here to say IT IS HARD being a sick mom. A few weeks ago I had the 24 hour stomach bug. I was sick all day, but it was a Saturday. Trey was home and played the roll nicely of mommy and daddy. I stayed in bed (ummm...when I was not throwing up in the bathroom, I mean) all day. Trey brought me Jones when it was time for him to eat. That was easy compared to this.

Last night I started to feel groggy. Nothing major. My throat hurt a little. Well, by Jones' 3 am feeding, I was sore, ears were popping, throat was in major pain and my head hurt. Uh-oh.

Today has been the longest day I have had in a while. How do mom's do it with more than one child? I am clearly weak. I keep telling myself I got through Jones' first few weeks of life, I can get through a low-grade fever with him. But, man. I. AM. TIRED.

But thanks, again, to my sweet husband. I have sent him out to wal-greens for some meds.

Here's hoping tomorrow will be better!

7 comments:

The Benjamins said...

Hope you feel better soon! Being sick stinks!

Nan said...

No fun at all. Mom's shouldn't be allowed to get sick. Hope you get better fast!

Unknown said...

Love you! You are a great mommy! Hope you feel better really soon:)

Kristen said...

I second Nan's comment- Being sick with a little one is the worst thing ever! I thought pregnant and being sick was bad but this certainly takes the cake... It took me almost two and a half weeks to feel like I was back on track after Jay and I got a cold; one week to nap every time he was sleeping (just to feel better) and the rest of the time to catch up with everything I had neglected. Hope you feel better really soon.

Jan Johnson said...

So sorry Heather! But you are a great mommy & I know God will give you grace, mercy, & rest just when you need it! :) Praying for a speedy recovery and that Jones doesn't get it!

Tracy~ said...

It is so hard being sick when you have little ones - you just pull through because you have to - it is miserable but hopefully you'll be able to crash when Trey gets home.

Unknown said...

Just use a sick day...hahahaha! I am so sorry you arent feeling well! I wish you lived here and I could love on Jones all day! I have only been sick once since Kate has been born (besides preggie sick of course), and I shipped her to a friends house. It is miserable :(
love~