June 25, 2009

It's time I tell you all something...


I am on a softball team.  

What? You thought it was something more important? This is pretty dang important, if you ask me.  I haven't played softball since I was about 8 years old when I was far more interested in matching my bows and uniforms and doing cheers in the dugouts. 

I doubt there will be much of that going on.  I have been signed up for city league softball. Hattiesburg city league.  What kind of people play Hattiesburg city league co-ed softball, you ask? I don't know, but I am willing to bet it will not be a bunch of girls in matching hair bows.  

My work signed up for a team.  It's game day, so naturally we all wore our uniforms.  the poor intern on the right had only been here a week when she was suckered into playing. 

Our first game is tonight.  8:30.  If you are in the Hattiesburg area and looking for free comedy entertainment, you can always come to the ball fields.  I will be the one avoiding all contact with the balls. 
RARE Design team members this morning in game day attire.(Yes, you will see that I added heels to the mix.  I couldn't wear sneakers to work!! I also have on big earrings, but my hair is covering that up. )

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

FIERCE....fierce looking team Heather!!! Looking athletic in your high heel shoes!!

Trish M.

Nan said...

no ma'am.

WHY did I leave MS? I would pay to see this. I'm sure you will be presh.

LT (and Max) said...

there is nothing athletic-like about your appearance, heather. you're way too girly! wish i could be there! have fun!!!

Tricia said...

Awesome. Our softball team lost Tuesday 26-1. I hope your team fares better.

The Shermans said...

Just keep your eye on the ball, Heather. You don't want a black eye to mess up your gorgeous face.

megan said...

just read your whole blog....LOVE IT! :) You are a fabulous writer - how much fun to read! And your softball picture is my favorite pic...tied only with the very last picture :) your expression is hysterical!
Reading your blog, combo'd with listening to your perfect music collection, did my heart good. Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your cute life! xo megan german

AnnaLittle said...

Well, y'all are fiercely cute, I'll say that.