November 15, 2008

weekend in Natchez

Last weekend a group of girls and I went to Natchez for one of our friend's wedding. We had the best time. Truth be told: I have never had a bad time in Natchez - right, Nan? Anyway, we all piled in my car and headed out Saturday morning. The wedding was gorgeous. Audrey got married outside on the porch of a mansion. Breathtaking. She both entered and left the ceremony in a white horse-drawn carriage. Very fairy-tale-esque. I loved it.
I also loved the dancing and the reception, but that is neither here nor there.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend.


The girls. We have girl's night. Like Sex and The City and Desperate Housewife watching:
Audrey, the bride, of course:
Audrey made the mistake of telling us that she and her new hubby were staying in the mansion where they wed. This, obviously, was also the place of the reception.
Audrey, now is the time to tell you that Jennifer and I took it upon ourselves to take pictures in your honeymoon room.
You gave us permission to look, which resulted in the taking of this picture:

And a few more reception and post-reception photo ops.

Fran, Erin, Me and Jennifer:
there was an accident:
Emily and Emily and me.
This was taken right after they admitted to blog stalking me. If that is not a kodak moment, what is?
Me, Erin, Fran, Jami and Jennifer at Fat Mama's.

CONTINUING ON TO SUNDAY:
We leave The Eola on Sunday morning and head out to grab some lunch before our trip back to the 'burg. Magnolia Grille. Yummy.
Did I mention I was the driver? Maybe now would be a good time to point out that fact.
Anyway, I parked the car and the five of us headed in for some good food.

AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER -
we walk back to my car when Erin looks at me and asked what that strange noise was.
It was my car. And it was running. The engine was on. For an hour and a half. Just sitting there. Waiting. Wasting.
Awesome.

AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER -
We are cruising on minding our own business when I look back and see a cop. With the lights on. Chasing me.
I pull over and await my sentence. I honestly didn't think he would give me a ticket. I have never even been pulled over. Cut a girl a break, man. No such luck. Without so much as a smile, he handed me my due. Crap. I didn't argue: I was going over the speed limit. But on my behalf, I thought the speed limit was 70. I later learned it was not...

After the cop handed me the dreaded yellow slip, he headed back to his un-marked car, no less. We were free to go. Careful not to speed, I slowly merged back onto the highway. What I didn't take into account was the gravel I was parked on.
I spun out.
Yep. Rocks were flying at the cop.
Good job, captain idiot.

Anyway, we laughed the rest of the way home, as I was driving 5 under the limit.

3 comments:

Nan said...

Thats halarious- Natchez cops aren't the nicest. I am jealous that you went to Fat Mama's. Did you get a "knock you naked?" Cute dress, by the way.

Tassie said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. Your dress is real cute. I must admit that I also blog stalk you. Oh, and I'm just glad you didn't run out of gas on the way home.

Emily said...

yay! wish you could join us for grey's nights on thursday. we need to get together sometime soon!