December 28, 2014

Starbucks, rain, a drive to Alabama and grace


Trey is out of town for Breakthru so the kids and I have been doing our very best to stay busy around the house. Yesterday we played with our neighbors outside and never took off our pjs. It was a good day!


But today tested my patience. It has been rainy for 24 hours and we are all going a little stir crazy.  Anna Joy is cutting some teeth, which made nap time nonexistent. Around 2:30 this afternoon after fighting naps for over an hour, I remembered my Starbucks gift card in my wallet and loaded the kids up for a much need caffeine break. As I was turning to go into our neighborhood on our way home, I looked back to see both kids had passed smooth out. So I kept driving. I hopped on the HWY and almost drive to Alabama. Anything to get the kids to sleep, right? 



January will be tough since Trey will be taking a J-term class that will require him to be gone every weekend during the month except for the first, which will be full of celebrating Anna Joy's 2nd birthday. 

It's a crazy busy season in our lives, and seems to only get busier, but I'm so thankful for where we are. 

It's still raining, but I'm praying for sun. Tomorrow is a new day with new parenting graces and hopefully more laughs (and naps) than today.
Grace upon grace upon grace. 
Jones has started taking pictures with my phone and asked to take a picture of me and Anna Joy tonight.  It speaks volumes.  You can see the exhaustion in both of us.  I kinda love it.  Motherhood is real, y'all. 


No comments: