November 23, 2013

Miles and friends

I am training for my first 1/2 marathon with four hilarious, equally insane friends. 

Since we all live hours apart from each other, we can't run together.  We needed a way to keep each other accountable. 

Enter the brilliant idea of virtual training - in the form of post-run selfies sent to the group. 

Some are so golden that I briefly thought about breaking the friend-selfie-code-of-rules and leaking them on my blog, but that's much too risky with my selfies floating around. 

Some selfies have included wine (screw running!) and milkshakes (protein!) and each selfie makes me more excited about our girls trip/running debut. 

As I was running this morning, I thought about these hilarious friends and I thanked God for putting people in my life that are easy. They don't take life too seriously. They laugh at themselves. And make fun of each other. And keep me grounded. 

I am thankful for time with a different, non-training friend yesterday that was simple and real.  

I love no-fuss people. 

I'm thankful for such a wide group of friends from all points in my life. I just wish I could magically add more time to my day and fewer miles between our homes. 


Just a few random, post-run thoughts on friends, God love them. 



No comments: