When Jones was just a few days old, I celebrated my first Mother's Day. Being a mom was so new to me (in ways, it is still so very new). I was just beginning to grasp the idea of motherhood.
This was also my Nana's last Mother's Day with us. My sweet, sweet Nana.
![]() |
| 4 generations. Mother's Day 2010 |
And this year. This glorious year. 2011 was not so great. For lack of better words, it sucked. (sorry, mama. I know you hate that word.)
But 2012 - Things are looking up in a major way.
Trey is doing what he has been called to do his whole life. And it is a beautiful thing to witness. We are happy and content and totally satisfied knowing God's purpose in our lives.
So maybe it is because this is the first holiday celebration since this new life, but for whatever reason, this Mother's Day approaching has made me sentimental, nostalgic, and ever grateful.
Sunday we will celebrate mothers. And I am feeling - now, perhaps more than ever - more thankful for my mom.
![]() |
| Mother's Day 2011 |
My mom and my two grandmothers, one who is with us still and one who has already left this life: I can't thank them enough for showing what it means to love. And for showing us what it means to be a mother.
I can only hope I am half of the mom as those three women.
![]() |
| From Jones - Mother's Day 2012 |
Sweet love of my life.
![]() ![]() |
I will never again, I pray, take my mother for granted. I only wish I could take back some of the ugliness in my life during a few teenage years.
If this past year has taught me one thing, it is this: love.
Show the ones you love that you love them. And learn to love those who don't.
We get by with the help of those we love and who love us. Love can sustain us when there is nothing to offer and nothing to give. At the end of the day, regardless of where you are and what you have, if you have love you have everything. (sorry for the Hallmark-ness of it all)
I don't know about you, but I am going to spend this Mother's Day loving on my mama. And my sweet baby. And my sweet baby daddy.
And I hope you spend yours loving on someone you love. Regardless if you have a mom or not and regardless if you are a mother or not, I hope you feel loved this Mother's Day.






No comments:
Post a Comment