July 31, 2010

couple of things

1) Kristen, Laura and Henry are here while Trey is at a high school church retreat (The Happening. Wonderful!) I wish they lived closer to me.


2) We decided it would be just a brilliant idea to delay nap time for a three year old and a 3 month old for a trip to Target. Why did we think this was smart? It lead to the following...


3) Decaf soy skinny caramel iced latte from the Target Starbucks. Generally speaking, I shy away from drinks with more than two adjectives, but I felt like I needed a pick me up in the middle of our target trip. And since I can't have caffeine or dairy (or a grita, for that matter) I opted for this cold treat. And it was good. Really good. I just told myself there was caffeine in it and instantly went to my happy place .


4) It is much too hot for children (and adults) to be out shopping/running errands. After loading Jones in and out of the car a couple of times, I needed a second shower (or a grita, for that matter. I see a pattern here). 110 degree heat index. Stop it.


5) Is the recession over? From the looks of no tax shopping weekend, I would say so. People came out of the woods for this. I bought some socks and Spanx. How exciting.

6) I am now at home with Jones and Henry while Kristen and Laura fight the lines at the outlet mall. Banana Republic and J. Crew just couldn't bring me to that heat again. The boys are both napping peacefully. I am not far behind them.


7) I weighed Jones today by using the ever-scientific method of holding him while I weigh myself. If I calculated correctly, he is upwards of 17 lbs. Do I have an abnormally large child? My tiny 6 lb. baby is no more. He has 4 rolls before you get to his knees, which Kristen pointed out are nothing but a few dimples in the middle of his legs. I love a chubby baby.


That ended up being more than a couple of things.


Here is a quick picture of Jones and I visiting Trey this morning at The Happening (which happens to be in Gulfport this time, but he is sleeping at the church all weekend.) Look how cute Jones' shirt is. A one-time-wear monogrammed shirt seemed a bit overboard for Trey. Whatever. I mean, how precious.


And here is a snap shot of Jones' first trip to Target. This was before he demanded (very loudly) to be held the whole time and before Henry announced to the store he needed to go number 2 RIGHT. NOW. But that's neither here nor there. Look how cute he is:

And, finally, Jones and Henry. Just because they are precious cousins:

2 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

so fun!!! missing you all already!

love you!

The Hendrix Family said...

Ok - seriously...I can't stand it. Jones is so so stinking cute! Cutest baby ever...
And the Happening shirt is too much. Tell Trey the one-time-wear monogram will be worth it one day when you can place that picture in his Caritas bag:)
Love y'all!! And love, love seeing the pictures!