March 3, 2010

Starkville shower and nursery pictures

Some of my sweet high school friends threw a fabulous shower for me and Jones last Saturday. It was so perfect - I was able to see people I haven't seen in forever and Jones and I were showered with precious gifts and loves of love! It is so wonderful to have such precious people in our lives that celebrate exciting times right there along with us - Trey and I feel very blessed!
Here are some pictures. I have a ton - many are on facebook, I just don't have the patience to upload them all on here.

The hostesses with me - Ashley, Morgan, me (31 weeks preg.) and Jo some of the sweet guestsme and my cute mama


three sisters (in an awkward pose)

Gorgeous and mighty delicious


Amy and me - she is now a Starkville resident, and lovin' it!
My mom came to my house on the Thursday before the Starkville to help sew the window treatments and help organize the nursery. And by help, I mean I watched. She is wonder woman! And then this past weekend, Kristen, Laura and Henry came to help organize more and decorate the nursery. What in the world would I do without my sisters and mom? They helped me wash all of his clothes (Which I was terrified to do!), organize his closet, hang pictures, fold towels, get all his changing table necessities organized, etc. etc. Wonderful!

There are still a few things left to do - chandelier needs to be hung, a few more things on the wall, and the window treatments need to be finalized, but here are some pictures.
I was really nervous about how we were going to fit all of the furniture that I wanted to use in his small room, but it ended up working perfectly.

I love the way it turned out!
The crib and bedding.
And that sweet lamb hanging on the crib. It is a noise maker - mommy's heartbead, rain, ocean. I love it.

This was Trey's chest of drawers.
Please look at the canvas Trey's parents gave Jones. It says "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Do you know how loved you are?" Then it has his full name. Precious.
And that turtle? It's an awesome nightlight that shines the stars and moon on the ceiling. I want one for my room.
(ignore the painter's tape on the curtain. I said they weren't 100% completed)

His closet
Originally it had two glass sliding doors. My mom made these silk panels. And notice the sweet bird and verse on the wall above. Love it!


I have since changed one of the gowns with the gown he will come home in - it's the same one trey came home in back in 1980. No fear. I have the picture of baby trey in said gown. Will share soon.


comfy chair
the pillow matches the panels on the closet doors
fabulous roman shades that my mom made
I love this spot - I sit in it daily

This was my Nana's mama (Jones' great-great grandmama) buffet. My fabulous mother-in-law painted it and put the original hardware back on. I am still needing a changing bad cover and a few more things, but I LOVE the changing table. Cute place to change a cute stinky diaper.

This was Trey's great-grandmother (again, Jones' great-great. Awesome!) china cabinet. My mom put the silk curtains behind the glass doors and voila. A china cabinet fit for a prince's nursery.

Final nursery picture with light fixture and final touches will come eventually.

I can't thank my sisters, my mom and my mother-in-law enough. They helped in so many ways I can't even begin to explain it all.

8 comments:

Tricia said...

oh my gosh it's perfect! Every little detail is precious!

LT (and Max) said...

proud to be a part of it! ready to meet jones!!!!

The Benjamins said...

It is gorgeous! Love all of it!

The Segrest Family said...

you look great! and the nursery is adorable!!!!!!!!!!! so so sweet!
we had the lamb noisemaker and the turtle night light - camp still loves that nightlight!!!!
LOVE it all - and love the sentimental value of the two pieces in the room!!!!

JordanandSaundersRamsey said...

I can't wait to see it all in person! I'll be there in a few weeks and can't wait!!!! It's SOOOOOO cute!!!! He's a lucky little man already!!!!

Katie said...

Everything looks PERFECT! I love the closet. That was such a creative touch with the curtains instead of doors.

The Robertsons said...

The nursery is precious! He will be here before you know it. Rest and be as lazy as you can.

Harris Helen said...

love love love this! i want to live in this room.