So my not so great week turned out pretty sweet after all. I was at the Corner Market getting the usuals - bread, cereal, hummus and grapes - when I spotted them. Wickles. Do you know such a treasure?
Let me explain.
In October, Trey and I, along with my fabulous parents, went to Highlands, North Carolina for a little R & R. There, I discovered a fabulous find at a farmer's market: Wickles. The most perfect spicy sweet pickle in all the land.
I thought this to be a rare find, and thus stocked up with a few jar's while on vacation, thinking I would not find this commodity in Mississippi.
Wrong, friends, wrong. It is in Mississippi. Hattiesburg,
to be exact. When I saw the jar of Wickles looking directly at me, it was a like a light at the end of a dark tunnel. I have been to the Corner Market how many times? too many to count. Yet, never saw the most perfect form of the cucumber until this week.
I have since made myself sick off of Wickles. Trey doesn't like them. Which is great news for me. At $7.00 a jar, it is necessary for me to be selfish.
So go find you some Wickles, you will be glad you did.

To only add to my shopping pleasure, Abita Sesonal Strawberry Ale is now is season.
Wickles and Abita Strawberry. What a perfect dining experience.
On the house front, we made offer on house number 4 tonight. Cross your fingers and say a little prayer for us. And when I say this house is polar opposite of the house we almost bought before the crazies took over, I mean it. But I love it. We shall see.
Gotta go. In need of some Wickles.
7 comments:
I love the new blog look. I am now craving a wickle, even though I have never had one. You could sell me anything.
Miss you
wickles? why haven't you shared these with me?
i shall expect these as soon as we meet again.
Hey Heather- I'm a huge fan of pickles in general....even blogged about them (just can't figure out yet how to link that post in a new post) and I've never heard of these. What makes them so special? Please elaborate!
Hope the house works out! Keep us updated! :)
Baumhower's Wings here in Birmingham has fried wickles. They are delish!
Fried wickles sound amazing, A. And secondly, I have been praying for your housing situation :) Can't wait to hear what happens with it. Good luck!
Your MIL (ma-in-law) sent me a link to the new house...it's cute and I'll be it'll be even cuter inside...that's a nice neighborhood; Uncle B and I lived in some apartments on Camp Ave. when we first married; they are still there! Aunt Darlene
Post a Comment