April 27, 2009

fairy godmothers come to town


Amanda named us Kate's fairy godmothers.  I like it.  I think it will stay. We had the best time last weekend in memphis. The three of us made the trip from south Mississippi to meet our new friend.  It is so wonderful, first of all, to see old friends, but I added a new friend this weekend! I was so happy to meet precious Kate. She is gorgeous.  Lindsey, Tricia and I agree that the pressure is really on to have cute kids in the future.  Thanks alot, Amanda.  
Anyway, lucky for the three fairy godmothers, Amanda left us alone with the babe for a few hours.  She and Luke had weddings to attend and entrusted the three of us to care for precious Kate. 

The moment she left, we knew a photo shoot was in order.  Kate was a really great sport, that is until we tried to make her wear a bonnet for an extended amount of time.  We dressed this child up like a doll.  And when she fell asleep? Well, we put her in props.  It was wonderful.  She slept like, well, a baby after the photo session.  

I have to shout out to Tricia's photography! She took so many pictures.  I resisted from putting them all on here!  She is so fabulous - Check out her stuff here.

So now the goods: the pictures.  She is so precious.  It was love for sure.  And I am pretty sure the feeling is mutual. 

Me and the new mama - my roommate for two years in college. My how times have changed!


We put her in a bonnet and gown. and when she fell asleep - props!! We put her in her Easter basket. ADORABLE.  You're welcome, Amanda. 

And, finally, the creepiest picture ever.  We found three bonnets. There were three fairy godmothers.  It just added up.  Please look at Kate screaming.  Bless her.  I promise we picked her up right after this picture. (only to put her in a basket!)


Thank you, Amanda, for sharing her with us! I loved every minute of it.  Beautiful baby - and beautiful mama! Love you dearly




6 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

i'm still a little bothered by the last photo.

A Southern Girl said...

what a fun weekend and how precious is Kate!!!! Thanks for your sweet comment. Hope you're doing well!

Wade's World said...

What a cute bunch of fairy godmothers!!!

Kate is precious, and I seriously LOVE the one of her in her Easter basket.

AnnaLittle said...

Don't worry, Heather. You will all have beautiful kiddos. I love the fairy godmother nicknames, too. Precious!

Tracy~ said...

Isn't Kate so pretty? You'd never know that Amanda carried her - she looks so good!

Ya'll are cute and I love the one of her in the basket.

LWolfe said...

sorry I wasn't there to save you, Kate. Yall are insane and hysterical! But Kate may have reoccurring nightmares about this event for years!