I am not a cat person. Never have been. I think they are a bit quirky and not very sociable. Please, cat lovers, do not persecute me. I am not saying they are terrible creatures, I am just pointing out the fact that I am much more a dog person.
Well last night when I pulled up at my home after small group, Sophie and Kristen were waiting for me in the garage. Sophie ran to me as she always does. I imagine this a bit like having children. I, for one, have no kids other than the malte-poo, so am only making this judgment based solely on observation. Anyway, it was then that Sophie spotted a new friend: the cutest, smallest little silver and white kitten in all the land. I was scared of what my 10 lb. fur-ball might do to this petite little youngster, but to my surprise I found them kissing. Kristen and I almost cried it was so cute. They played together in the front yard, walked side-by-side on the sidewalk and kissed each other.
I figured it was our new neighbors' and didn't think about it
again. Until this morning. The little kitty cat was waiting for us on the front porch. He/she is the cutest thing. I opened the front door and put out a bowl of milk and water, since I do not know her drink of choice yet. She lapped up the milk. It is pretty much love.
Sophie and I went inside so I could finish getting ready for work. But Sophie was not happy with that decision. She sat by the front door and cried! She wanted her friend! I immediately called the husband to ask if we could keep the cat.
he said no.
But I don't care. I will name him/her and will continue to feed the little body as long as Sophie's friend continues to pay us a visit.
Now I just need a name for the cute thing. I was thinking gender neutral since I do not know the sex, but Trey informed me that all it takes is lifting the leg to see what gender he/she is. I didn't even think of that. I guess that is why I am not a vet.
I will let you know. Hopefully pictures, too.

(not the new friend, but there is an uncanny similarity between this googled image and the real deal)
9 comments:
I'm not much of a cat person either. I think it's real cute that your dog has made a new friend. The fact that it's a "mixed" relationship :) makes it that much more sweet.
How sweet. Sophie always struck me as a choosy friend picker so this cat must be something special. Keep working on Trey- he will crack.
i love my cat...and it sounds like you have found a fabulous one too. i mean, you have to keep him or her. MUST.
Sophie will be sad if her new friend can't stay! Once Trey sees that, I bet he/she will be sleeping on the bed along with y'all!
Potential Cat Names: (P.S.- I live for naming pets)
1. Ahmad (boy)
2. Patricia Hopper Butts (girl)
3. James van der Beek (boy)
4. Alfred (boy)
5. Loretta (girl)
6. Giuseppi (boy)
7. Yolanda (girl)
8. Tyra Banks or Oprah (girl)
9. Chief Running Cat (boy)
10. Seven (girl or boy... thanks George Costanza)
(note: PJ Joey is NOT an option)
1. Lola
2. Toby
3. Cooper
4. Lucas
5. Emma
6. Chloe
7. Trace (after his Daddy, Trey)
That's about all I've got...Good luck with the new addition!
i hate cats but that is so stinking cute that sophie has a new friend! i would want to keep it too. i'm such a sucker for a cute face.
I am not a cat fan either; however, I think Sophie has decided the cat stays.
I think you need to quit your job so you can blog more.
Post a Comment