But there is one thing I do not love about the olympic games: the scrunchies.

Is it a requirement for all gymnast to wear such hairpieces? Perhaps there is an advantage of wearing such a garment? I understand the hair must be in place, but what I do not understand is why they resort to the fabric covered elastic band, surfaced in the 80's. There must be a better way. I commend you, Shawn Johnson, for not wearing a scrunchie every performance. Yes, you wear a ribbon tied in a bow, but I find that a better alternative to the bright pink scrunchies your teammate, Nastia sports. I challenge you, gymnasts, do away with your old ways. Break away from old habits. It will be well worth it.
But I do congratulate you, Shawn and Nastia, on your medals. I think you're both cute.

On a darker note, LeRoi Moore from the Dave Matthews Band passed away. He was a huge part of my high school and early college days. I thought, honestly and with my whole heart, that if Dave I would only meet, he would surely leave his wife and come be with me. So I spent a lot of time and money listening and traveling to see this band. LeRoi, rest in peace.

10 comments:
A few things:
1. Did you watch last night during the balance beam competition with BOTH the Chinese girls completely fell off? I know I'm supposed to be 100% cheering for U.S.A., but it was a little devestating.
2. I do NOT want to be a gymnast because their little body shapes terrify me. Except for Nastia- she looks long and lean, not all stubby.
3. One of my new friends (1 of the 3) went to High School with Michael Phelps in Baltimore. Small world, huh! She said he was rarely there because of such intensive training, but when he was there for lunch, he would have three full trays of food.
I am glad the scrunchies bother someone else!
the scrunchies...oh the scrunchies. this has been bugging me too. they are awful!
I almost made a comment about the scrunchies to some people the other day until I saw one of the girls I was talking to had a royal blue scrunchie in place...that would have been tragic had I opened my mouth.
He He He! You are hysterical to me. I vote we nix the scrunchies as well. Anyway check us out!
I am so sad about LeRoi Moore.
i wish scrunchies would come back. i think i could totally pull of the 80s look with my frizzy curls.
Oh my! I thought the same thing about the scrunchies. I kept yelling at the TV trying to get Nastia to understand that scrunchies went out of style like 10 years ago. I did commend Shawn for the ribbon. That is acceptable. Swimming and gymnastics make my Olympics as well. I've said numerous times that if only I were about 30 lbs lighter and about four times as athletic as I was, I could totally be an Olympic champion. Oh, and rest in peace Leroi. DMB will never be the same.
I adore Shawn Johnson. She is so cute! I'm with you on the scrunchies AND the five billion barretts they wear. Surely there must be a better way.
I have to say that I'm a total fan of the 80's and own many scrunchies in different colors. I don't wear them much....I stick to hair clips and ribbons when I have to.
Post a Comment