Today is sweet Laura's birthday! I was so upset that I could not be there to help her celebrate.
She gave up sweets for lent, which ironically ended on her day of birth - perfect opportunity to indulge in a few goodies. And she has. I am told she was given a huge piece of birthday cake with homemade icing with a seperate bowl of extra icing just for her.
that's a party, friends.
(Laura, hating OLE MISS)
In honor of her birthday, I have compiled a simple list.
TOP TEN REASONS TO LOVE LT:
(in no particular order)
10. She has super curly hair. On certain occasions her curls are really intense. I laughed at them on those days.
9. She loves Mexican food more than anyone I know. She also loves a good frozen margarita. She giggles after her first 5 sips. Lightweight.
8. She has slight OCD tendancies. She un-makes her bed a certain way each night, placing each pillow in its perfect place on the floor. In a neat pile, not to make a mess. Growing up I would jump on them, causing choas in her nightly routine.
7. She is a 2nd grade teacher - and a fabulous one. You can not go anywhere in public in Starkville (Wal-mart, per say) without hearing "ms. T! ms. T!" The kids adore her.
6. She always remembers birthdays and anniversarys. She can tell her the birthdate of the kid who sat behind her in the 5th grade. She hasn't seen her since she was 14. It is somewhat odd. Aso, along those lines, she is a great gift-giver.
5. She is the sweet one of the 3 Tomlinson girls. It's true. We all admit it, even our parents. Kristen is bossy, I am a brat, Laura is sweet. There, I said it.
4. She is the best friend anyone could ask for. The 3 of us are so blessed that we are more than just sisters- we are best friends, but between the 3 of us, Laura has the most non-family friends. Once you are her friend, you are in for life. She never loses touch, never betrays, never judges. She has friends all over the US. If you are one of them, consider yourself lucky - you have a friend for life.
3. She hates Bob Saget. And has specific reasons why. She has a list of the top worst people - he is on it. It is a strange thing to love, but I think reflects the quirkiness that we all love about her. She can also quote movie lines like a champ.
2. She is so compassionate. She has the sweetest heart. She is so thoughtful. She always asks about my day - and truly cares about the answer.
1. She is so much fun!! I could hang out with my 2 sisters all day, everyday and neverr get bored! It doesn't matter if we are shopping, watching movies, eating (which we like to do), drinking wine, are talking on the phone - she is the best!
I LOVE YOU, LAURA!
HOPE YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL YEAR!
HOPE YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL YEAR!
3 comments:
awwww.....heather! that's so sweet! am i going to cry??
wish you could have been here too. love you much!!!!
Happy Birthday to Laura, and I'm glad you made it back from Sin City, Heather!
I miss the Skaggs and am going through withdrawals still..... :)
How come you girls hate Ole Miss So much? Some little Ole Misser must have done something really ugly to you! I promise we are nice people!!!!!!! :) Don't hate us!! :)
Post a Comment