Fall is here. Today is the first day there was a slight chill in the air. Tonight's low is 47. I plan on wearing a fleece once the sun has set to celebrate this momentous occasion. However, I am not a Mississippi amateur, therefore I am fully aware that just because there is a high of 75 one day does not eliminate the possibility of a high of 91 the next. But here's hoping that the weather will last. I love fall.
I bought pumpkins for my front porch the other day. They frighten Sophie. Bless her heart. I opened the front door to let her take care of her business and she took one look at the scary orange objects and ran back inside. I suppose this is partially my fault for not slowly introducing her to my fall decor. She does not seem to mind the pumpkins now. I also bought beautiful mums for the porch. They are yellow. I love a good mum.

I am leaving for St. Louis on the 27th of this month for work and will not return until the 31st...Halloween. I am a more than a little disapointed that I will not be here to take Sophie to the Hattiesburg zoo for Zoo-Boo, the anual dog costume contest. Sophie is Big Bird this year and really plays the part well. I am pretty confident should would have given the other pups a run for their money. It is a shame work gets in the way of such important events in life like a pet costume contest. Pictures to come of Sophie as Big Bird, I am sure.

I am leaving for St. Louis on the 27th of this month for work and will not return until the 31st...Halloween. I am a more than a little disapointed that I will not be here to take Sophie to the Hattiesburg zoo for Zoo-Boo, the anual dog costume contest. Sophie is Big Bird this year and really plays the part well. I am pretty confident should would have given the other pups a run for their money. It is a shame work gets in the way of such important events in life like a pet costume contest. Pictures to come of Sophie as Big Bird, I am sure.
Anyway, Trey has been saying for a few weeks now that when I return from my trip there will be a surprise waiting for me. Oh goodie. I love surprises. Only I like to find them out before they actually happen. So I talked it out of him. Do you know what this glorious surprise was going to be??? He was going to put up the Christmas tree while I was out of town.
Ok, a number of things here, hunny. A) It is October. Please, let's wait until at least Thanksgiving. and B) You will not be putting up the tree without me! It is a family affair and should be treated as such. Think of a different surprise, please.He loves Christmas, which I love him for, but two months early? We already watched Elf once this week. I am afraid if I let him have complete control over the Christmas decor, cousin Eddie will be knocking on our door in hopes of finding Clark Griswald. If I can hold Trey off from putting up the tree until the 2nd week of November, I will consider it a success.
Last week at Mrs. Loucille's house, she and I watched a "Shall We Dance" on Lifetime. You know...the one with JLO. She would laugh during all the serious times. I told her that I sure wished I could dance like JLO, to which she responded: "Well, maybe they will call you."
Maybe, Loucille, maybe.
Have a fabulous Thursday.
6 comments:
I am also very excited about Christmas. I would probably put a tree up now if Jack would let me.
Good to have you back.
I hope they call you.
Expedite the big bird photos, por favor. "Zoo Boo"...did Laura come up with that name??
I have missed you tons! I can't wait to see Sophie as Big Bird! I can't wait for you to see what Ivy Kate and Wilson are!
Love you!
glad you're back.
max doesn't have a halloween costume this year. i'm such a bad mom but i just can't afford it. does his aunt need to buy him one?
see you tomorrow. yes.
guess what. char is big bird this year too! i was torn between big bird and elmo, but i decided she looked cuter in yellow than red.
Heather, you have be deciding what your wrapping paper theme will be (a la Melita!) LJLL
Post a Comment