November 2, 2015

Garage Sale Fundraiser

We had our first fundraiser on Halloween morning to help bring Ollie home! We started collecting items months ago for our sale and I felt like we were never going to find a weekend that worked for us.  The last Saturday of the month, plus rain, plus Halloween was not the recipe for a great garage sale BUT the Lord showed up and showed out!! We deposited just over $2,000 in our adoption account today! Praise God! We had no expectations, but I will say that blew any thought of an expectation out of the water.  There was a HUGE turnout for donations during the weeks leading up the the sale and a HUGE line at the door when we got there Saturday morning.  Could not be more thankful!


It was a lot of work, but so worth it.  I am, however, happy that it is behind me! It took my mom and I over 8 hours on Friday to get all of the sale items out and organized in the church gym.  And we didn't even price a single thing! Thankfully, Friday afternoon a sweet church lady helped us for a few hours - so thankful for extra hands! My sister took the kids to Starkville for a slumber party, which was another huge relief. So many reasons to be thankful for the whole weekend.

One lesson learned: garage sale people are a serious group of people.  These folks are pros!

The setting up process.  Whew!

Every day is one step closer to having her home.  I keep reminding myself of that!  Right now we are in a waiting period.  Our agency is still waiting on our child abuse report to come in from Jackson.  Apparently they are not always the fastest people around.  And then last week we got word that our FBI background checks, along with our two money orders, are MIA.  I am trying not to panic.  I have all of my receipts and copies of literally everything, so I am praying for the best! My worker told me she would call me as soon as they find out something more.  Telling myself it is just a minor bump in a long, very bumpy road. We have read and reviewed our home study, we just need those final two documents from the third parties then we are off to start the dossier!

No comments: