July 10, 2013

The month of June

Thanks for the concern about the mouse.  A quick update: no mouse has been caught.  The pest control guy told me, after an hour of searching, trapping, and spraying, that there was no evidence of rodents (or roaches) in our new home.

Excuse me, sir.  No evidence? I saw a mouse. How much more evidence is needed?

But alas, 4 nights of operation kill mickey has left us empty handed. 

Trey and Don (pest control guy - he has made his way to my 'favorite' list on my my Iphone) both agree the mouse was a stray mouse and has long left our home. 

Ok. Fine.  I am glad you are both confident the mouse has made an exit, but I need to know through what portal to ensure that this little incident never happens again.

 I need closure.

In the meantime, I have asked nicely (forced) Trey to set up our old bed in the guest bedroom and move our mattress from our floor to that room.  So since Sunday night we have been sleeping in the spare room.

It's like the master is the scene of a crime.

A little known fact about me is that I would love to one day write a book.  This will never happen because, basically, I would write about my life which is far from a best selling novel, but still. One can dream.

However, if I do write a book about my life, I can assure you that one chapter would be entitled "The Mouse that Almost Killed My Marriage".

If a marriage can survive a mouse in the house, a marriage can survive anything.

I would like to thank my friends who have texted me pictures of scary mice, you know, for support.  To those friends, I say well done.
Anyway, my mom says I have to let it go and move on.  So let's do just that.

Here are some June updates:

Trey and I helped host a fun fiesta themed couples shower for Laura and Clay a couple of weekends ago. It was so much fun! Cute couple, fun party, gorgeous home and cold drinks.  Yes ma'am.


 Then last weekend, which was technically July, but we will include it in the June updates for consistency purposes, Kristen, Stephanie and I hosted a lingerie shower for the bride-to-be.  I tend to get uncomfortable at the mention of lingerie and things that occur around such clothing, so I will just post pictures and move on.


Other than that June was filled with packing, moving, cute kids and swimming. Will post house pictures soon! Before and after pictures are coming!




 Summer is rolling on!

No comments: