Trey has been out of town this week for a planning meeting so my wonderful mom and dad came and stayed with Jones and me.
Side note: if I have trouble getting one child to school in Columbus and me to work in Starkville by 8:00, how in the world am I to do it with two? Already dreading when Trey leaves town again!
Anyway, its no secret that I struggle with having nutritious meals planned and prepared for my family during the week. When I get home around 5:40 if nothing was planned, we eat junk.
These moms that meal plan, coupon and cook ever night of the week all while working full time AND keeping up with the laundry are my heroes. For real.
My mom is one of those heroes. She worked once we all were in school yet there was almost always a healthy meal for dinner each night. And out house was always clean. Wonder woman, I tell you.
She is trying to rub off on me. And I am hoping it works. Last night after jones went to bed, my mom made about 6 homemade freezer ready meals plus she ground meat and shredded chicken for our freezer. She even made the cream of chicken and mushroom from scratch. No can stuff here.
We are trying to cut out additives in Jones' diet (more on that later) so my sweet mom was helping us kick start that goal by using real food.
Amazing. I don't have to cook or plan for like two weeks. Amazing.
I hope one day I am able to help my children in even a small portion of how much she has helped me and my sisters through the years. She is the most selfless person I know. I would be even more of a nut case without her keeping me grounded.
Thank you, mama! We love you so!
![]() |
| Lita hard at work. And yes, I mostly sat at the bar and observed. |

1 comment:
Didn't think you were going to post that picture! Shame on you! ha! You know I loved doing for y'all. Love you!
Post a Comment