One of my oldest and dearest friend (and one of my most favorite people in the whole world) moved back to Starkville around the same time that I did this past fall. We both grew up here and after graduation moved off. Crazy circumstances brought us back to Starkville at the same time. Amazing how God works, isn't it?
We decided to form a recipe club for other girls that are somewhat new (or new again) to Starkville. Some of these girls have been here for a year or more but it is fun to get together once a month and form friendships with other locals! Friendships are more important than ever to me and I am excited about getting to know these girls.
We decided to form a recipe club for other girls that are somewhat new (or new again) to Starkville. Some of these girls have been here for a year or more but it is fun to get together once a month and form friendships with other locals! Friendships are more important than ever to me and I am excited about getting to know these girls.
A few weeks ago, 9 of us had our first recipe club dinner. I am already looking forward to next month. It was so much fun - and the food was great! Several girls couldn't make it in February (one had a baby that day!) so it will be fun in March to meet more girls. We will be turning all of our recipes into a book at the end of the year.
I find it is harder than ever to be spontaneous (maybe impossible!) so having a set time to enjoy the company of friends - new and old - is so important and refreshing! I love my boys, but I do love time with girls. How do you enjoy girl time? I would love to hear ideas!
1 comment:
Katherine lives in Starkville now too???? That's IT! We're coming back!
Post a Comment