December 9, 2010

and all the angels sang

Good news on the sleeping front: we have succeeded in the no-nurse-night plan.

I have waited a while to post this, in fear of jinxing it, but it seems as though we have an all night sleeping baby now. He sleeps from 7 or 7:30 to about 6:30. Can I get an amen from the choir?

The first week was rough. The first night, as I posted, he cried for about 2 and 1/2 hours. Straight. It was a nightmare. But every night got better. Then one glorious night he slept until 5. He did that for about a week - waking up at 5 crying, then going back to sleep.

But now. Oh now, my friends. Now he sleeps 11 glorious hours without so much as a peep.

Ladies, still nursing your large baby through the night at almost 8 months? Stop it. I am a new woman. Last night I went to sleep at 8 and slept straight until 6 am. (minus the fifteen minutes I woke up at midnight because our music box Christmas ornament was playing. On it's on. Ghost of Christmas, perhaps?)

5 comments:

Melita said...

Yay!!! You're back at blogging! I was beginning to wonder if you would ever post again. So glad my buddy is sleeping better; it's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for you, right?

Kelli said...

Oh Heather, I'm so happy for you!!! So glad you are getting some rest. Now if my 4 and a half month old would decide to sleep through the night...sigh.

The Benjamins said...

Yay for all of you! Sleep is good!

Jan Johnson said...

So happy for all of you! You're so right, sleep makes you a new woman for sure! :)

The Shermans said...

Congratulations...You manned up way earlier than I did with Sam--I waited a year before refusing to go in his room in the middle of the night. Won't be doing that next time.