December 2, 2009

change of plans...

So...Trey and I went to the doctor this morning and SURPRISE! It had a wee wee!!
We're having a BOY!
The baby looks very healthy but I'm not as far along as we all thought. Instead of being 20 weeks, I'm only 18 weeks, which makes us realize that trying to sneak a peak a few weeks ago was entirely too early.
Bottom line--the baby looks healthy, I feel great, and we are excited!
Thanks for your prayers!
P.S... I've already ordered a few dresses, so don't look at baby boy Skaggs too strangely when you see him wearing pink smocks and bloomers.

18 comments:

AmyKnight said...

Oh my sweet friend. This stuff only happens to you. Love you and baby boy skaggs.

LT (and Max) said...

aunt LALA is so excited about having another NEPHEW! :) love you!

Melita said...

So, I guess you'll be changing your blog header....since Baby Girl Skaggs is now Baby BOY Skaggs!!! Love it!

Mom

Nan said...

I guess we will have to return the pink dress we bought for Baby Skaggs. You will LOVE having a boy!!

The Stringers said...

boys are the best!

The Priers said...

Awe! That's too funny. Boys so love their mommy! And you can still do smocking, maybe not a dress or pink. and cute boy stuff is a little harder to find but its out there! Glad he's healthy!

Wade's World said...

You will adore having a son. He will be the best thing that ever happened to you, besides Trey and Sophie of course!

Anonymous said...

yay for boys, heather! i'm so excited for you!

kinsey said...

i'm totally giggling!! this happened to my friend, except opposite...she was told boy at 16wks and then girl at 20wks. so fun though! yeah for a boy!! :-)

Tracy~ said...

oh my gosh! heather - I am SO thrilled for you! having two boys myself, I can tell you that they are so very precious (well, you already know - you have sweet Henry that proves how wonderful they are). I was thrilled when I heard you were having a girl, now I'm thrilled it's a boy! all that matters is that he is healthy!

Congratulations! I guess I have to return my Ole Miss cheerleading dress for a jersey! ;)

Tricia said...

Bah ha ha! Awesome! I'm already googling "baby bowties"

The Overstreets said...

Congrats!!!! He's going to make you melt!

The Segrest Family said...

awwwww! congrats!!!!! sp excited for y'all!

Anisa said...

Classic. Congrats!

Ford Family said...

I'm sure he will look precious in pink smocks and bloomers! :) Little boys are so sweet, and he will steal your heart in no time!

brad, amanda, and brody said...

haha. So funny!

Boys are THE SWEETEST.

Tommy T is getting all his little boys now!

Samantha said...

Your blog posts always make me laugh! AND I AM SO excited for you guys! You are going to be such a great mom! Look forward to more stories from this incredible journey God has laid out for you!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness!!! How great. You will be a great little boy mommy. Congrats to you, and I'm so glad that he looks HEALTHY!