We received WONDERFUL news yesterday. My mom's pathology report showed that the cancer had not spread at all! Praise God!
What a relief. We all did not realize how tense and stressed we were about "the unknown" until we heard from the doctors. It was a huge sigh of relief! It feels good to breathe normally now!
Next step is for her stitches to come out next week - which I know she is SO ready for. Then in 6 weeks, she will go to the Oncologist just as a follow-up and also to get a full PET Scan so she can get a 'clear' of her entire body. Once that is over, we are completely in the clear! In the meantime, I am wearing 15 spf INSIDE my office. :)
In other news, last weekend was fabulous! We spent the weekend with Kristen and Rob and Henry. We surprised Rob with a party for his 30th birthday. It was great! Henry said "Happy Day" to him. So fun.
For pictures, see Laura's blog!
Sorry for the lack of blogging. this job is fabulous, but oh so time-consuming and a wee bit demanding. I love it, though! Hopefully I will blog some this weekend!
Have a great Thursday!!
9 comments:
Yay for Melita's good news!! LJLL
YEAH!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
Great news! We've missed you blogging!
That is great news Heather! I have had your family on our prayer list at work and church, and I will be so happy to spread the word about your Mom. Take care!
PRAISE GOD! THAT IS AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!!
Miss your blogging! Hope all is well with you guys.
I realize you are super busy with your job, but could you do a few blogs at night???? I'm not asking for something everyday, but once or twice a week would be great!
I miss laughing hysterically at your blogs. Come back!
:-(
where are you
?
Post a Comment