July 26, 2007

Second Guess Thursday.

This morning my dear friend that works down the hall, Amy, sent me this card. You must click and view. Make sure your volume is up. I laughed out loud.

I think this card pretty much describes my life and my ability of decision making, or lack there-of.

Coffee or Diet Coke? Oatmeal or toast? Every morning these things enter my mind, and that is before 7 am.

This afternoon Amy came to my office and asked if I would like anything out of the vending machine.

I sat... I thought..... then answered 'no', although I was second guessing myself. Maybe I really did want something out of the vending machine. I didn't know. I suggested that we get out of the office and walk to Barnes and Nobles on campus and get something there. More of a variety.

WHAT WAS I THINKING? MORE to choose from? I should have stuck with the vending machine. 10 choices, tops. Not here. Row after row of food, candy, dried fruit, drinks, cereal, and so on and so forth. Really, I had no idea what to do. Salty or sweet? Something gummy or something with a little more substance? Healthy or junk? Was I thirsty?

The possibilties really were endless. Afterall, it is Second Guess Thursday.

I picked up approximately 6 items before I made my final decision: fat free fig newtons.
hmmmmm....Was it a good one? I don't know. You tell me. I mean, I already ate the cookie/cake (is it a cookie or is it a cake?) but I still haven't decided if the decision I made was a good one. Amy got combos. Oh how I love a good Combo.

This reminded me of planning our wedding. Literally, I could not do it. I felt like I made one fabulous decision (marrying Trey, of course) and couldn't possibly make another decision for at least 6 months, maybe more. Completely indecisive. What colors for your bridesmaids? Flowers? what about a cake? Reception place? Who will sing in the wedding? and what songs?
AHHHHH.
So many decisions. I made the important one, please someone, make the other's for me.

I am about to make one good decision today, however: In exactly 28 minutes I am blowing this joint and going home.

I hope today that you all made good decisions on Second Guess Thursday!?

7 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

That card makes me laugh so hard I cry!!! Its me and you!! I am definitely the pink one though!!! Love you!

LT (and Max) said...

YOU? indecisive?

it's definitely an issue if I'm actually more decisive than someone else.

Little Daddy said...

What a great post and a card full of laughs. My home is one plagued with indecision. Melinda never can make up her mind and once she finally does, she second-guesses herself. I on the other hand make a decision, right or wrong, and never (well almost) look back.

mary straton said...

i can't say anything - I'm indecisive, too. When you find yourself living in fear of food poisoning, let me know, and we'll talk.

Jack, Emily, SB & Annie said...

I think the fig newtons were a bad choice. Then again...maybe not?

Wade's World said...

That is hilarious. About the fig newtons...were they fig flavored, or a yummy filling. That makes a big difference. I would definitely go for anything other than the fig flavored newtons. Yuck!